Metta is open for in person classes starting June 10th 2021!
We’re back! And are excited to re-open our community with some new ways of practicing together. We have been working hard behind the scenes to create the safest environment possible for you and our entire team.
Thank you in advance for your patience while we navigate through re-opening! Our schedule allows us to incorporate enough time to sanitize between classes and new procures for the studio. Please take the time to review and understand the details below to ensure the health, happiness and safety of our community.
Optional Mask Wearing at Metta
Our values at Metta have always included accessibility and community and we want to ensure that everyone feels welcome and safe here. With the recent changes in the City bylaws, please review the following important studio updates.
- If you choose to wear your mask in and out of the studio, we 100% respect and appreciate your choice!
- We are however aligning with the current provincial and city bylaws, therefore wearing a mask here at Metta is optional
- Mat spacing will remain the same for now to keep everyone feeling safe and comfortable during class times
- Mandatory online sign up and cancellation policies still apply
- Our instructors will remain teaching from the center of the room and will not offer any hands on adjustments
- We will continue using our high performance ventilation system in between each class
- In studio, we continue to uphold our strict cleaning and sanitizing procedures
- Please continue to wash/sanitize your hands, and of course stay home if you are not feeling well
- Shared studio props and rentals will remain unavailable for the time being
Let’s all continue to respect each other’s personal space, put the hugs and handshakes on hold for now as we navigate these times of restrictions lifting; honoring that not everyone is ready to jump back into the old ways of socializing!
Thank you for your continued support and kindness as we move forward with our safe and gradual reopening and easing of restrictions.
Contact less Sign Up & Attending Classes
- We are operating at lowered capacity, space is limited
- Sign in is ONLINE ONLY and mandatory, we do not allow walk ins/drop ins
- Register for class online at MindBody.io or on the MindBody app. Make sure your profile is up to date and has current credit card information
- Classes can be booked up to 1 week in advance
- Each class has a WAITLIST. To receive notification if you are bumped into class from the waitlist, please ensure your CELL PHONE NUMBER is up to date in your MindBody profile, and that you have “OPTED IN” to receive TEXT NOTIFICATIONS
- Class Cancellation Procedure
- Cancel without penalty up to 6 hours prior to class
- If you no show to class or cancel within the 6hr window, a $12 fee will be charged to your credit card or a class credit will be deducted from your account
- Cancellation is via MindBody only; no phone or email cancellations accepted
- All classes have a waitlist. Add your name to the waitlist and if someone cancels within 6hrs of class, you will be notified by text or email that are you’re in
Yoga Gear Info
- You are required to bring your own yoga mat; we do not have mats or towels for rent
- All yoga props (blocks & straps) have been removed from the studio rooms, you can bring your own or can purchase new from the studio
- Mat spray racks are available and limited to 3 people at a time to maintain physical distancing
- Studio In & Out Doors are clearly marked, please follow these when entering and exiting
- Entering the studio is easy. Since you signed in online, all you do is walk in, stand on the marker 6ft away from the desk and give us your name
- Please minimize use of studio changerooms. Arrive ready to practice in and with the gear you need. We know this isn’t always possible so changerooms will be reserved for those who absolutely need to use them
- Please refrain from mingling in the reception areas to help us maintain the studio flow and cleaning required for each class. Rain check on the tea hangouts for now!
The Practice Space
- Each mat space available is marked with appropriate physical distancing. Please place your mat in marked areas only
- Instructors do not move around the room; they will instruct from the center of the room
Memberships & Class Cards
- All class passes will be extended the duration of our temporary closure
- All Monthly Unlimited Auto Renew Memberships will be reinstated Monday, June 7th 2021 to allow members to sign in for classes
- All Beginner Month Unlimited Memberships will be reinstated
- All One Month Unlimited Memberships will be extended
- All One Year Unlimited Memberships will be extended
We appreciate your patience and feedback as we navigate the ever-changing COVID environment.