Metta is open for in person!
We’re back! And are excited to re-open our community with some new ways of practicing together. We have been working hard behind the scenes to create the safest environment possible for you and our entire team.
Thank you in advance for your patience while we navigate through these times! Our schedule allows us to incorporate enough time to sanitize between classes and new procures for the studio. Please take the time to review and understand the details below to ensure the health, happiness and safety of our community.
COVID PROTOCOL AT METTA
Effective September 4, 2021, masks will be mandatory for all instructors, sweat exchange team members, and guests when entering the studio:
- during sign in and while moving about the studio (reception, hallway, change rooms, etc.) and into the hot room
- when you’re on your mat you can take off your mask and set it beside you during class
- when class is complete, put you mask back on, gather up your items and exit the space
We want to ensure the safety of everyone who enters our space and be able to still offer yoga classes.
STAY OPEN AND FUNCTION AS USUAL:
As always, our focus and drive is to keep this community going and our studio doors open for you! That is why, effective Mon, Sept 20th, 2021, we must align with the AB Government recent mandates on implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program.
OR, WE ALTERNATIVELY CLOSE THE STUDIO INDEFINITELY:
If we chose not to comply with these new government mandates, we would be forced to offer ONLY 1:1 private sessions and online streaming classes.
What does this all mean at Metta?
Because we are complying and implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program we are able to continue to operate as usual, provided we are serving only people who have proof of immunization, exemption documentation or who have a recent negative test.
This means we are without restriction able to serve any individual eligible for vaccination who:
- Has proof of vaccination: September 20th, proof of a single dose is acceptable and then double dose starting October 25, 2021; or
- Has documentation of a medical exemption; or
- Has proof of a recent (within the previous 72 hours) negative COVID-19 test (either PCR or Rapid Test); tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed
- Those under 12 would not need to provide proof of immunization or a negative test to enter
What do you need to do?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your proof of vaccination or your documentation of exemption and we will update your account accordingly.
If you are not vaccinated and do not have a document of exemption, please bring in your negative test results as per above so we know at sign in your current status.
If you are showing symptoms regardless of above status, please stay home and check out our Metta on Demand platform!
Please note, we do not store any identifying medical information. Once your profile status is updated, it will continue to show as such so you only need to do this once.
Our Massage and Osteopathy Therapists will be continuing to operate as usual.
Contact less Sign Up & Attending Classes
- We are operating at lowered capacity, space is limited
- Sign in is ONLINE ONLY and mandatory, we do not allow walk ins/drop ins
- Register for class online at MindBody.io or on the MindBody app. Make sure your profile is up to date and has current credit card information
- Classes can be booked up to 1 week in advance
- Each class has a WAITLIST. To receive notification if you are bumped into class from the waitlist, please ensure your CELL PHONE NUMBER is up to date in your MindBody profile, and that you have “OPTED IN” to receive TEXT NOTIFICATIONS
- Class Cancellation Procedure
- Cancel without penalty up to 6 hours prior to class
- If you no show to class or cancel within the 6hr window, a $12 fee will be charged to your credit card or a class credit will be deducted from your account
- Cancellation is via MindBody only; no phone or email cancellations accepted
- All classes have a waitlist. Add your name to the waitlist and if someone cancels within 6hrs of class, you will be notified by text or email that are you’re in
Yoga Gear Info
- You are required to bring your own yoga mat; we do not have mats or towels for rent
- All yoga props (blocks & straps) have been removed from the studio rooms, you can bring your own or can purchase new from the studio
- Mat spray racks are available and limited to 3 people at a time to maintain physical distancing
- Studio In & Out Doors are clearly marked, please follow these when entering and exiting
- Entering the studio is easy. Since you signed in online, all you do is walk in, stand on the marker 6ft away from the desk and give us your name
- Please minimize use of studio changerooms. Arrive ready to practice in and with the gear you need. We know this isn’t always possible so changerooms will be reserved for those who absolutely need to use them
- Please refrain from mingling in the reception areas to help us maintain the studio flow and cleaning required for each class. Rain check on the tea hangouts for now!
The Practice Space
- Each mat space available is marked with appropriate physical distancing. Please place your mat in marked areas only
- Instructors do not move around the room; they will instruct from the center of the room
Memberships & Class Cards
- All class passes will be extended the duration of our temporary closure
- All Monthly Unlimited Auto Renew Memberships will be reinstated Monday, June 7th 2021 to allow members to sign in for classes
- All Beginner Month Unlimited Memberships will be reinstated
- All One Month Unlimited Memberships will be extended
- All One Year Unlimited Memberships will be extended
We appreciate your patience and feedback as we navigate the ever-changing COVID environment.